All Out is seeking interns to support our campaigns team in creating campaigns for 2.2 million All Out members worldwide. We are looking for passionate and talented individuals who will support and learn from our team as we launch new campaigns around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to gain skills in online campainging, work within an international team, and learn about the global LGBT movement.
Passionate about the rights of lesbian, gay, bi, and trans people everywhere? Internet addict? Enthusiastic people person? You might be the perfect fit to intern within our truly global community.
Who we are hiring:
We have multiple Campaigns Internships available. Our campaigns interns research breaking news on lesbian, gay, bi or trans issues around the world, contribute to strategy discussions on new and existing campaigns, and help curate our social media content.
The ideal candidate is thorough and detail driven, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, and passionate about love and equality around the world. They should also be able to work independently and think creatively, and be able to initiate and follow through on projects.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn first-hand how a nimble campaigning organization communicates and engages a wide membership through online platforms. The intern will learn:
- How to wage campaigns online, including social media advocacy, mass email writing, and other transferable marketing skills
- How to engage a large membership and keep it active through a commitment curve
- How to tell a compelling story to a broad audience
- How to execute press outreach, including writing press releases and pitching
- How to pitch and realize campaigns
- How to work with world-class campaigners in a global, fast-paced, tech-focused environment
- Develop team-working skills
The ideal candidate:
- Has a demonstrated commitment to and understanding of LGBT rights, international human rights, or similar social justice movements
- Can work independently and think creatively about our work
- Has the ability to initiate and follow through on projects
- Is fluent in written and spoken English – bonus points for French, Spanish, or Portuguese fluency
- Has a keen interest in all things online
Interns are eligible for academic credit. The position will be based in the heart of New York City or Paris, surrounded by other brilliant, fun-loving colleagues at All Out. We are looking for someone who can start immediately and commit at least 15-20 hours a week. This is an unpaid position, maximum 2 months in France and 3-6 months in the USA. We can only accept candidates that have legal permission to work in these countries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, specifically women, people of color, LGBT people and international applicants.
Please click here to apply for this position. Please make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page to submit your application.